We have well-advanced plans for the redevelopment of the Dean Street grounds and facilities that will create a modern, flexible, all-season sport and leisure resource for our members and the local community.
Outdoor Space Improvements
Access and parking will be improved, floodlighting installed and the pitches reconfigured to provide:
- A 145m x 90m 3G synthetic pitch for rugby and Gaelic football
- Two 100m x 68m grass pitches mainly for football
- A grass area that can be lined out as a full-length shinty pitch
The existing building will upgraded and refurbished with
- An improved main hall
- Additional storage
- A plant room
- A new reception area and office
- Upgraded kitchen with Bar/Servery serving both the main hall and the new social space.
An extension will be added to the North West side of the existing building to provide:
- A large flexible and dividable community space and social area
- Martial Arts and Dance Studio which can be used for other purposes
- A sports injury, physio and medical room
- Six changing rooms
- Two referee changing rooms
- Upgraded sanitary facilities
- Accessible changing
- Two small interview rooms for outreach services (health, employability, community police, etc.)
Our preferred site, building and floor plan option is the result of comprehensive programme of research and engagement with our members and the local community.
For more information on how we connect with groups and individuals in Whitecrook and the wider Clydebank area, please see our page on community engagement.