Regeneration Capital Grant Fund (RCGF) 2016/17
Project Lead: West Dunbartonshire Council
Project Title: ClydebankCommunity Sports Hub
The Clydebank Community Sports Hub project will redevelop an almost derelict site situated within Whitecrook (a community within Clydebank East) into a modern, purpose-built community hub for use by all of the community. This will include the partial refurbishment of an existing building and the transformation of surrounding outdoor spaces to meet the current and future needs of the Whitecrook community.
The project will do much more than offer sporting facilities; it will provide significant regeneration outcomes for Whitecrook using sport as a catalyst, - particularly in relation to health and wellbeing, engaging with and educating young people, addressing unemployment and crime and encouraging community development and volunteering. It also has quality community spaces and services (e.g. allotments, community garden, café) that will be the focal point for driving broader community activity, engagement and benefit.
Community planning is at the heart of the project and extensive community consultation was completed to the develop it, ensuring it would meet the local needs.
- Providing facilities that will bring the community together, enhance learning, address disadvantage and ensure social, environment and economic development;
- Creating employment and training opportunities;
- Engaging the whole local community in a grand vision, using sport, physical activity and health services for holistic change;
- Promoting participation for all in physical activity, sport and social activities
- Encouraging healthy lifestyle.
- 7 new jobs created
- 31 construction jobs supported
- 2 existing jobs supported
- 1 training places created
- 1 building refurbished, brought back into use
- 1045 sqm of business space created or modified
- 1045 sqm of building created or refurbished
- 0.4 ha of Vacant and derelict Land remediated/de-risked/brought back into use especially in relation to permanent or temporary greening
- 0.61 ha of Vacant and derelict Land remediated/de-risked/brought back into use
- 1 community groups / sports leisure interests / facilities supported
- 10+ businesses/ enterprises benefitting from supported facilities